Wouldn’t you like to be more comfortable and have more money in your pocket?
We offer two major programs: the PG&E Energy Savings Assistance Program and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. These services are provided at no charge to Butte County residents who meet the program income guidelines which are provided below. In addition, some households are given priority for these services, based upon Federally-established criteria. Both homeowners and renters are eligible for these services, as long as the property owner provides their permission.
What Can You Expect?
Once your eligibility for the program has been determined, an energy auditor will look at your home to see what can be done to make your home more energy efficient. In accordance with program guidelines, most homes qualify for:
- Low-flow showerheads and sink aerators
- Thermostatic shower valves
- Attic insulation
- Replacement of standard light bulbs and fixtures with energy efficient versions
- Energy Education: information to help you learn more ways to reduce your monthly energy bill
See the program income guidelines described here in our 2017 Income Guidelines.
What if I make too much?
- If your income is more than the guidelines for the programs above allow, you may still receive the following basic services free of charge. The MIDI Program is designed specifically for low and moderate income families. We work with PG&E and do all the work, assist you with income verification, and walk you through your PG&E bill to help find future energy saving possibilities. This assessment is no cost to you and actual upgrades are determined following the energy assessment.
- The Weatherization Program application is filled out in a face to face interview, so please contact us to set up a time to meet.
Questions about our Weatherization Services or the MIDI Program? Please call us at 712-2600, Option 2 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org